Wednesday 12 September 2012

WEEK 6

BAG!







  1. The proved quite easy with the side view being the hardest.
  2. The buckle was constructed using the rounded rectangle tool. 
  3. I outlined most of the objects using the pen tool as they were quite structured and easy to see.
  4. I used the ye dropper on the actual image to get this colour. I added it to my swatches and used the live paint tool to fill the entire bag. 
  5. The rivets i left a silver colour. 
  6. I used a soft brush to highlight the top flap to indicate where the light is coming from. 
  7. The strap was quite long and i got confused as to where is sat so again i used the pen tool and simply outlined it. 
  8. Stitching was larger as the fabric/ material was much denser than any of the fabrics. 
KNIT!



For me, the knit was most challenging as i could not get the braid exactly how i wanted it. 

BRAID:

  1. I first outlined a section of my braid and copied it, trying to keep it fairly symmetrical on both sides.
  2. I then rotated it horizontally and created a square with no fill or stroke in the centre of the first and second braid.
  3. I sent this square to the back and selected all of the objects and dragged it into brushes.
  4. Now when i created a line with this brush selected, a whole string of braids appears.
  5. Sometimes it wouldn't connect properly to the hem or neckline and so i had to go in with the pen tool carefully (0.25) and attach it properly.



RIBBING:




  1. To create the ribbing, outlined my section again in the pen tool and dragged it over to the side.
  2. I then selected the pen tool and selected a dash of 40pt in a fill of grey, no stroke and dash width of 1 and gap of 2. 
  3. I was then able to create a curved pen line in the direction of my object/ shape where the ribbing went in the direction of the fabric.
  4. When I had placed the ribbing in correctly i used the clipping mask took in the 'OBJECTS' menu to cut it out and place back in the image.
  5. I then sent this to the back so that the black, detailed lines and outlines were visible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment