Wednesday 12 September 2012

WEEK 4

SHIRT!










I chose to fold one arm to demonstrate more detail and feel for the fabric. 

  • I have created gather lines at the cuff and a simple one button cuff. 
  • The back was highly interesting with cutouts. I created these through the rounded rectangle tool. the bows were created through the pen tool and basic pen lines for added gathering.


  • The dress pocket was interesting with double top stitching and a slightly pointed flap hem. 



The'candy man' style stripe was created through the rectangle tool:


  1. I first created one thin red rectangle with no stroke and selected 'option' and 'command' to drag and copy it along. 
  2. I then pressed command 'd' to repeat my last action and did so until i had 6-10 strips
  3. I selected a square using the rectangle tool with no stoke or fill. 
  4. I sent this to the back and added it to my pattern. 
  5. I then placed the pattern inside specific shapes and i could change the way they fell on the design by selecting 'OBJECT' > 'TRANSFORM' > 'ROTATE'  and unchecking objects and leaving the pattern i was now able to make the lines go in the directing of my fabric. 






No comments:

Post a Comment