Monday 23 April 2012

Assessment 2


  • To create my half drop repeat my layers (Leaf veins and Circular leaf pattern) must stay separate.
  • First I copied both layers into another document so they would be easy to copy, paste, offset and merge without losing any layers or making mistakes. 
  • In my original document, I took note of the Image size (Image> Image Size) and then I made the canvas size double by increasing the width 200% to the left. 
  • The same background is applied to the left side but flipped horizontally, making sure that there are no track marks.
  • Those 3 layers are then merged.
  • The circular maple leaf pattern that was copied can then be pasted to the left side.
  • With this new layer selected I went to Filter> Other> Offset then divided the vertical pixel image size by two and changed the horizontal to 0. I then positioned the pattern to left centre. 
  • The two layers were then merged and defined as a new pattern (Edit> Define Pattern> OK)
  • I opened up a new large document and filled with the new pattern.

AND DONE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment