Monday 23 April 2012

Brush repeat



  • To create my two brushes I simply cut out (separately) two Maple leaves from my scanned image using the magnetic lasso tool and selected Edit> Define Brush Preset> OK.


  • I then began to create a pattern using the brushes on my Maple Leaf Vein Background. 
  • In one corner I placed the leaves in different, colours, sizes and angles.



  • Taking the scan of my hand drawing of the Maple seed, I removed the white background by selecting Select> Colour Range. 
  • I then changed the size and angle of the seed and positioned multiple seeds around the maple leaves. 
  • Doing the same as the leaf background, I copied and flipped this design around so that it fell into all four corners nicely creating my circular maple leaf pattern. 
  • And the Maple leaf pattern is complete!




No comments:

Post a Comment